Hiring A Dance Teacher IS Easy!
Hiring The Right Dance Teacher Has Some Challenges…
Dancing has risen in popularity in recent years, exploding across the country in dance competitions and even on television reality shows focused on dancing and dance teachers. Children are eager to learn dance of all kinds which leave you the parent wondering about how to be sure your child is enrolled with the best dance instructors you can find. It helps in making that decision if you focus on how well an instructor meets the requirements for dance teachers. A dance teacher who fills these requirements become an excellent choice.
We take your student’s future at Centre Stage very serious. We understand some might be only in for it for the fun, 1-hour class, while others are in it to compete and start a career. We make sure no matter where you are in that spectrum that you are treated with the upmost respect and integrity and WE GUARANTEE Your child will have a blast!
Centre Stage Requirements For Teachers
- Certification- Certification for dance teachers are not a legal requirement although it is a plus if a teacher is certified. A teacher need not a special license to teach dance. However, that doesn’t mean you should not make it a personal requirement that she has at least experience dancing , for example someone who studies dancing herself extensively or has enjoyed a successful career as a dancer himself for some years previously.
- Patience– Dance teachers should possess a star ability to be patient. Children learn at different paces. Teachers need to have an ability to make learning dance fun and exciting for children. Someone who will know how to work with different attention spans and be patient if someone is having difficulty. Children pick up very easily if an adult feels they are too slow or a problem so patience and encouragement go a long way to helping your child and all the children feel like a success in dance class.
- Healthy- Your child’s dance teachers should be healthy. This is an important requirement because dancing is strenuous at times. They need to be at the top as far as their health level so they can keep up with a class of active kids as well as perform the routines correctly as an example for the children to follow.
- Keeping up with Dance Trends- Yes there will always be traditional dance such as ballet but just like anything else dance styles come and go in popularity. Since dance schools routinely enter dance competitions with their students then the teacher should always know the current and popular dance styles. These are likely to be included in some of the competitions.
- Creativity- Dance is an art that allows and encourages creative expression of the dancer. Therefore instructors must understand how to stay creative and inspired. Frequently they are needed to choreograph new routines for their class or for solo dancers. A creative mindset is required for this,
- Tact and Professionalism- This may seem to be an unusual requirement but occasionally a dance teacher may need to speak to a difficult parent or child if there has been a misunderstanding, A dance instructor needs to have people skills ,including tactfulness in communicating with others in such a situation.
- Anatomy- Your dance teacher is not a doctor but they still require a basic to expert understanding of the human child’s body’s anatomy where it concerns dance. They need to basically know which parts are more flexible than others in general and how the bones and muscles move during assorted routines. This understanding contributes to avoiding injuries.
- Being Organized- Dance teachers should be organized especially if they own the business. They have the three schedules to consider when operating the dance school.These are yours, your child’s and their own. People live very busy lives these days. Errors in scheduling, business maintenance, and so on can wreck havoc in a customer’s life if not careful.
Centre Stage Dance Studio offers all these requirements and other benefits for your child through their talented dance teachers.